A few things you should know about my Ice Bucket Challenge:
- The shirt I’m wearing.
- That laughter you hear at the end is my husband, who has watched and laughed at this video at least 20 times already. Love you too, dear.
- These are the numbers I referenced. At this rate, the dollar amount raised will be $8 million higher by this time tomorrow.
- By 1.3 million new donors, I meant myself included.
- From my perspective, the Ice Bucket Challenge has inspired people to donate to both ALSA and causes that they are passionate about. I’ve seen people pledge donations to The Alzheimer’s Association, The Foundation for AIDS Research, The Cleveland Animal Protective League, and more. Like I mentioned in the video, raising action is far more effective than simply raising awareness, and the ALSA has certainly succeeded on both counts.
- In the spirit of the challenge, I nominate two Tumblr people I have followed for a long time: Sam from TrekTweets/TrekThings and Lee from StarTrek365. I’m changing the rules slightly: You have 24 hours to upload a video of yourself completing the challenge OR a drawing of a Trek character taking the Ice Bucket Challenge…or donate $100 to the ALSA. I can already think of two characters who are begging to be drawn…
- Yes, I really dropped the bucket on my head.